Friday, December 11, 2009

Some ideas to ponder....,

I don't know how well most of you really know me, but when I'm not at work, already playing polo, or spending time with my family, I pretty much think of nothing but bike polo, in general, Austin bike polo more specifically, and things we can do, to not only grow, but to have fun and get our sport and our ideas out there. Of the things I've been thinking of lately, here are the ones I've actually decided to pursue!

I know I've already mentioned this one, but I want to get a group photo of all of us. I know not everyone will be in it, but if we can get almost everyone that comes out regularly, I would be so happy. This is important and I'll explain in a sec....

Another thing I want to do, involving pictures, is to create a player bio type of thing for the blog. I want to get a few questions together related to why you come and play polo, and a picture of everyone individually to post up on the blog. I think some of you would also like to see what other people have to say, and the general public will enjoy it too. If you have any ideas on this, talk to me...

Besides getting more and more people to come out and play polo, I want to take what we have to the next level. I would like to get people to start organizing into semi-permanent teams for a season of league play. We should try out a organized league. This will give everyone a chance to play with a team for more than one or two pick up games, which is a major part of polo, team work. It will also allow the teams willing to travel to tournaments to have a chance to get some practice as a team. It will most likely work something like this: every team will play every other team. Each league match will be a 2 out of 3 game match. So, you will have to play each team at least 2 times, essentially, but possibly 3 times. Then each score will be recorded and the winner at the end of the season will get a prize or something fun and exciting. More to come on this...

Now, finally... not that it's completely official, I feel like our little "Austin Texas Bike Polo Social Club" is about to reach a one year anniversary!! Even though Mason was getting people to come out to play polo before this, January 25, 2009 was the first official day Nick Ganci and I got polo going after Mason's dropping off. So, in 2010, Sunday, January 24 is the day I would like to celebrate the creation of the ATXBPSC. I want to do something extra special. A big party with a keg and food, fireworks, and everything else crazy that comes to mind, should be in order. If you have any other ideas let me know... Oh this is why a group picture is important, it's been a year... now, if we can get another group picture on January 24th and have everyone, including Mason, Allen, Chris, Nic and Les, if he can get off work, then we will have a true atxbpsc photo to document or progress! dorky, maybe, but so much fun!

Oh oh, oh, and let's see if we can't find a new bigger court, or something more permanent for some walls for our current court... think about it, nothing rushing any of this.

Sunday at Eastwoods Park at 2:00 p.m. is when I'll be out there. As I've told many, I sit out there alone for at least an hour, so if you have nothing going on, come out and let's play!

2 comments: